Braida Wine Dinner
On Tuesday, February 28, chef Nicholas Stefanelli will host a special wine dinner at Masseria with Italian winemaker Braida who has produced some of Italy’s finest wines since 1961 from the Piedmont region.
The dinner, beginning at 7PM, features five courses, each paired with a different wine from the Braida house. The dinner will begin with Canapés and complementing Barbera Frizzante, and will be followed by the Polipo course — Octopus Salad with Potato, Taggiasca Olive, Olive Oil and Citrus. Later into the meal, guests will enjoy courses ranging from Taglierini with Wild Mushrooms and Parmigiano to Beef Ribeye & Short Ribs with ‘Brasato’ Sauce and Polento. The dinner will culminate with Piedmontese Chocolate-Hazelnut Flan and Hazelnut Gelato paired with 2016, Brachetto d’Aqui, Braida, Piedmont, Italy.
Masseria’s Braida Wine Dinner is $290 per person, all-inclusive.
To reserve your seat, please make a reservation online, or call 202-608-1330.
Paired with: 2015, Barbera Fizzante, Braida, Piedmont, Italy “La Monella”
- First Course Octopus Salad. Potato. Taggiasca Olive. Olive Oil. Citrus.
Paired with: 2015, Chardonnay/Nascetta blend, Serra dei Fiori, Piedmont, Italy, “Il Fiore”
- Second Course Chapel Hill Farms Rose Veal. Yellow Tail Tuna. Crispy Polenta.
Paired with: 2014, Barbera/Pinot Noir blend, Braida, Piedmont, Italy, “Il Baicale”
- Third Course Taglierini. Wild Mushrooms. Parmigiano.
Paired with: 2011, Barbera, Braida, Piedmont, Italy, “Bricco Dell’ Uccellone”
- Fourth Course Beef Ribeye & Short Ribs. ‘Brasato’ Sauce. Polenta.
Paired with: 1996, Barbera, Braida, Piedmont, Italy, “Ai Suma” & 2000, Barbera, Braida, Piedmont, Italy, “Ai Suma”
- Fifth Course Piedmontese Chocolate-Hazelnut Flan. Hazelnut Gelato.
- Paired with: 2016, Brachetto d’Aqui, Braida, Piedmont, Italy
Once made, this reservation cannot be changed or cancelled.