PART-TIME MARKETING ASSOCIATE
Masseria owes its success to a close-knit team of gifted, dedicated professionals. In terms of both cuisine and service, our standards are high – and so are those of our guests. In the kitchen, everything is created from scratch, with great attention to detail, including bread service and all ingredients supporting the cocktail program; we practice whole animal butchery. Our front-of the-house team provides seamless service to our guests with knowledge and warmth.
We are seeking a Part-Time Marketing Associate that will work with Masseria and the soon to be open Officina. This Associate will be responsible for all social media and email marketing. This role will work closely with the entire Masseria and Officina team to portray the essence of the brand to those in the DMV region, and across the country. Successful candidates should be responsible and tenacious, full of fresh ideas, and eager to work in the food industry.
- Responsible for creating, posting, monitoring and engaging all on social media platforms for both brands.
- Will need to know how to write effective copy in a lot of different styles, for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Curate a unique social media presence across platforms that consistently represents the unique personality and character of each brand.
- Plan and schedule content, boost posts, and follow best practices to engage audiences. Engage with and monitor social platforms on a daily basis.
- Be tech-savvy and current with social media platforms. In the fast changing world of social and digital media, it is imperative that both brands are utilizing the newest tools and strategies.
- Understand and stay current with the hospitality industry, trending topics, media influencers, and industry news. Must stay abreast to what is happening in the constantly changing world of the hospitality industry.
- Understand and execute best practices for digital advertising.
- Update both websites on a weekly basis for news, menus, and other ad hoc updates as needed.
- Knowledge of writing for the web and for Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Responsible for email marketing for both brands
- Creating content for both quarterly newsletter and on occasions for special events.
- Work with the Chef/owner to develop a larger marketing strategy and best practices.
- Put together monthly reporting for website, social and email marketing. Provide metrics driven recommendations.
- Participate in monthly brainstorms and strategy development.
- Align the marketing efforts with those of the PR team.
- Flexible: Able to focus on marketing one moment and then customer service next.
- Good with Challenges: Stay on your toes and do your best to solve problems. Our customers are important and helping them is key. Figure out how to best communicate the brands message on different platforms, and sometimes might need to convey sensitive issues or deal with an upset customers.
- Proactive: Go with following up on what is needed and the ability to look ahead and anticipate needs of the restaurant.
- Organized: There are different platforms to manage and how you communicate on each, determining audience, and measuring tactics all take organization.
- Reliable: Being reliable and dependable in performing job-related tasks, finishing assigned projects, meeting deadlines and appointments.
- Interpersonal Skills: Even though you will be mostly engaging digitally it is important to provide a direct connection between the brand and the public. Being friendly and approachable online is imperative. You will also be working with different staff members to help with questions, it is important to build a good rapport with other team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite, SquareSpace, Mailchimp, Google Drive
- Previous experience with social media from internship or work experience.
- Looking for a part-time position with the opportunity to grow into a full-time position.
- Eager to learn and grow with the position
All interested candidates should send a letter expressing their interest and a resume with relevant experience to Maren Thomas, email@example.com , and Romie Stefanelli, firstname.lastname@example.org.